The Episcopal Church of Saint Francis of Assisi is a community of prayer, Holy Communion, study and outreach (Acts 2:42). We focus on compassion (Mt. 25: 35-40), acceptance and the sharing of diverse gifts (Eph 4:1-6, 11-13), restoring all people to unity with God and each other in Christ (Catechism, 855, BCP).
Our five-year vision for St. Francis includes:
- A Christian community with worship opportunities that are inviting, engaging, challenging and inspiring, while employing the full resources of The Book of Common Prayer;
- A fully developed music ministry serving not only on Sunday, but also
- To the larger community, with imaginative programs such as music academies, special concerts and multiple choirs;
- Vibrant programs for children and youth with a paid youth minister on staff;
- An outreach ministry seeking to engage all members through generous sharing of our diverse gifts in the local community and throughout the world, while developing a centerpiece program of focused outreach to build up the Body of Christ;
- A community of increased diversity and radical inclusiveness; and Modernized facilities, with improved visibility and access, which support our community, growth and outreach.